Definition : The balance is an instrument whose main function is to measure the mass of a body. By mass we understand the measure of a body in relation to inertia, that is, to the resistance that a physical system puts up to any change or modification. There is more than one device for measuring body mass.
On the one hand we have the so-called Roman tool , which operates technically and is of great antiquity. Among the functions that this tool has fulfilled are, among others, that of weighing merchandise destined for sale.
We also have the case of the scale. It arose as a response to the difficulties presented by the Roman tool. That is, everything that could not be weighed on it was possible to be weighed on the scale, more than anything because it has a platform at ground level which is what makes the weighing process much easier to carry out. cape.
The ability of the scale to support large weights is what has allowed even large trucks to be weighed on it. Regarding the subject at hand, the third option that we can find to measure the weight of the dough is the scale. It is most frequently used on a land surface where weight is directly linked to mass. It is opposed to the scale in which, just as the former is used to weigh large masses, the opposite occurs in the latter.
Scales-scalesIn general, very small masses, usually a few kilos, are placed on them. Regarding its use, it is not only restricted to the home. We can notice its presence in laboratories (precisely because what is weighed is smaller, the scale would not be so necessary in this case), in companies and in numerous industries that want to determine the weight of their products. Therefore, not only a certain object will be weighed but also – as happens in laboratories, for example – many substances of different kinds.
It is now difficult to imagine a single type of tool to measure weight because today there are advanced electronic models that show great precision and speed in their task of measuring the product or substance . The truth is that in ancient times those that operated mechanically and with a noticeably slower pace than the current ones were used. One of the first mechanisms used was the one that had two equal arms, also called parallel arms. This model had its time of greatest use among the Egyptians and is believed to date back more than 2,000 years before Christ. Said symmetrical arm system works as follows. There was a bar in the device that had to be in an ideal counterbalance.
Two plates were detached from said bar, one from each end. In turn, the bar had to be supported by a fulcrum that had to be of the smallest possible dimension. We get this all information from trusted resources at togel hari ini. Now, regarding the mass measurement process, should proceed as follows. In the first place, it was pertinent to place the product that wanted to be weighed on one of the plates, which we will call plate A or plate number one. Once this was done, weights were gradually placed on plate B or plate number, which also had to have a fixed and known weight. To determine if the balance had reached its point of greatest equilibrium, it was necessary to observe that the bar was in a perfectly horizontal position. Once this balance had been reached, this harmony between the two arms, between the two plates, that was the moment in which the weight of the product or substance was calculated, the so-called control weight .
This comes from the entire sum that has been made of the weights that were placed on plate B. This weight is, of course, the weight of the product that was wanted to determine with the operation and, of course, the weight of the product that was placed on plate A is the same as that of the weights that were placed on plate B. But the above-mentioned example was not, of course, the only one that was implemented to measure the weight. There was another system, related to the Roman.
This type of mechanical operation also consisted of a bar supported by a support point and the weighing was carried out through a single plate where the weight to be determined exactly was placed. Although so far the method is almost the same as the previous example, the radical difference is that in this case the arms are not equal or symmetrical. The weight to be determined was placed on one of the arms, the one that turned out to be the shortest. The long arm, for its part, did not directly have a plate. That is to say, what it had was the so-called pylon, a kind of sliding weight, which was located on a numbered ruler. Said pylon moved away or closer to the weight to the fulcrum to achieve the goal that is always pursued: that of perfect balance.
Read Our Blog Here
- Handbook of Mass MeasurementHandbook of Mass Measurement is an excellent reference for the mass measurement process. This book blends history, fundamentals, and technical details to give a comprehensive explanation of mass measurement. It explains the entire measurement process, and examines the factors that introduce error into the process. Using an example from the field of astronomy, this book […]
- Benefits of Automating the Weighing ProcessAutomating the weighing process is not an easy task. Not only does it take time and effort, it can also be error-prone. In many industries, ingredient dispensing is critical. Without accurate weighing, products can fail to meet quality standards. To make the process faster and more accurate, Color Service engineers a system that automates the […]
- How to Control Your WeightOne of the best ways to control your weight is to reduce the number of calories you consume. Calories are directly related to weight. It is therefore crucial to consume approximately the same amount of calories every day as your body burns. Eating foods rich in certain nutrients or following a particular diet is important. […]
- The Difference Between Map Scale and Ruler ScaleA map’s scale refers to the proportion of distance on the map to that on the ground. The concept of scale is complicated by the curvature of the Earth’s surface, which forces it to vary across the map. In some cases, scale has two distinct meanings. Here we’ll define both of them. Using a ruler […]
- The Theory of MeasuresThe study of Measures involves the assignment of numbers to objects and how these values vary from one another. In addition to the correct assignment of numbers, the theory of Measures must address three basic issues: representation, uniqueness, and error. These issues are often related and are discussed in more detail in the next chapter. […]
- The Basics of Mass MeasurementWe often hear about mass measurement and weigh ourselves and our objects, but what is mass? The definition of mass is the amount of matter in an object. This property of matter is not affected by our shape, size, or location. The mass of our body is the same no matter where we are, even […]
- How to Choose, Install, and Operate a Weighing ProcessThe weighing process is a noncontact way of transferring precisely weighed samples. This method of transferring samples avoids contamination and is a reliable and accurate means of determining the level of a substance. The weighing process is used in various industries and is not limited to a single type of substance. For example, it is […]
- How to Change Our Eating Habits to Control WeightIt is possible to change our eating habits to control weight. In many countries, healthy eating and physical activity campaigns are being promoted to encourage the public to become more active and eat better. First Lady Michelle Obama recently launched the Let’s Move! campaign, which aims to eradicate child obesity within a generation. The government […]
- The Concept of Scale in MapsMaps have a scale that represents distance between points on the map and those on the ground. Because of the curvature of the Earth’s surface, the concept of scale varies across a map. This can be confusing because scale can have two separate meanings. This article will explain each. The idea of scale in maps […]
- What Are Measures?What Are Measures? Are you aware of what they are? Here are some examples of Measures. They are important to know about if you’re in the business of selling goods or services. Measures are a good choice when you want to make sure your prices are competitive. Also, Measures help you understand the value of […]